My small group is amazing. I am leading a group of high school freshman and I love them to death! They are so much fun and it is great to be able to see their passion for Christ and their willingness to grow in their faith. Every time that I spend time with them I am so encouraged.
Tonight we met and talked about relationships. We really got to know each other and our pasts and presents as well as what God's word says about things. We were able to ask questions, read scripture and really find out how we can live our lives in a Godly way and pursue Godly relationships. They were each at different levels of relationships: one has never had a boyfriend, others have had several, one is dating someone, one just started dating someone, another is considering dating someone, one broke up with a boyfriend recently, but is now friends with this person and considering dating him again, and another is just here for now and not considering a boyfriend.
It was great to get to hear their questions and hearts for what God has to say about dating, purity, and life choices. Not just am I getting to teach them things, but I am able to learn things from them too. Teaching this group is one of the best things I have ever done. I was a little leery about taking this group of freshman. I thought that I would much rather have the seniors or the juniors. I didn't want to take a group that I wouldn't get to stay with for all of their high school careers. I also had some issues with a couple of the girls in the freshman group over the summer. I didn't think that they liked me after I disapproved of some of the things that they were doing. Turns out, these girls are perfect for me! I am so glad that I ended up with the freshman. The girls that I thought didn't like me, are the ones that are asking why we don't have small group on certain weeks and always voting for having it, instead of canceling for one reason or another. It is great. I am going to be really sad to leave this group when I graduate next December, but for now I am going to focus on the next year that we have together. :D
I am praying for my precious girls and excited for where God is leading this group.
*This is dedicated to Kayla, Hannah Ruth, Taylor, Lauren, Savannah, Sarah, Mallory and Madeline.*
No comments:
Post a Comment