After classes were over I headed to Hope House to help serve with some high school and middle school students. I was there for three hours, giving out clothes to people who needed them. There were so many people that came in, but one lady's story really touched me. She came in to get food and clothing for seven people!! Their house burnt down this morning and they were left with basically nothing. Some of them weren't wearing coats or real shoes. It was such a blessing to be able to provide them with some basic necessities to get by on in the rough time. Not only that, but that they were also told about the gospel and love of Jesus, which is the ultimate gift and I am realizing that more and more myself too.
After spending a few hours my time this evening at Hope House. I headed to finish some homework and then went to a Christmas party. This was not your average Christmas party. During the party, the three BCM interns sang and played instruments to a couple of Christmas carols. After that we sang some wonderful worship songs. The music was wonderful, but what was even better about this time was that 20+ people were in a room together, lifting their voices in song to glorify and praise a wonderful God!! It meant so much to be able to just listen to my brothers and sisters singing to their creator and Lord! AMAZING!
Both of these events today made me realize how short I am falling with my walk with God and encouraged me to make an effort with my relationship with Him. I know that it isn't going to be super easy to make a change, but I am going to try and give it my best. I know that I have amazing friends who will keep me accountable and who encourage and challenge me in my walk.
So with the ever present realization that Christ is in the air, I am going to work towards making Him evident through all I do.
**I don't even know if this is coherent, but it makes sense in my mind and I guess that's all that really matters.
Coherent, it is. :) I absolutely get so much joy from reading your posts. You are so encouraging. I love seeing how God is working in your life!
ReplyDeleteAlso, SO GLAD I got to see you this afternoon! Love you!