Monday, December 14, 2009

Reaching towards

The last couple of days I have been thinking about how to be a better person and more than that a better Christian this next year. So when yesterday at church, Pastor Jason mentioned the devotional book that they were encouraging the church to go through next year was being sold, I jumped at it. I bought my book and it came with a daily bible reading plan too. I have never done a devotional book every day and I have never read through the entire bible, so for 2010 my goal is to read the devotional and go through the entire bible. It is going to be a struggle, because I have never been wonderful at the consistency that something like this entails, but I am going to try and am excited about where it will take me. I am also planning to journal my way through this adventure.

Not only am I reaching towards becoming a better Christian, but also towards becoming a better friend. I have really slacked off this last semester at being a good friend and keeping up on people's lives. So this year my goal is to be intentional with the time I have with my friends. I think I realize the importance when I have those intentional conversations, but they have only been sporadically and I want that to change. I was able to talk to a friend last night that I had really only talked to a couple times over this last semester, and never about what was truly going on in her life. Talking to her made me realize that I have fallen short as her friend and sister in Christ.

The last thing I am reaching towards in the new year (well at least on this post) is becoming a prayer warrior. I want to be praying consistently for my friends, family, the nations, the lost, and so many other things. I know that prayer is awesome and after talking to the friend mentioned above I realize even more how prayer can change lives! I am planning on starting a prayer journal and writing out my prayers everyday.

GOALS for 2010:
1.) Follow a daily devotional schedule.
2.) Read through the bible
3.) Become a better friend
4.) Become a prayer warrior
5.) Journal through all of this

1 comment: