Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My New Favorite Crafty Thing

My new favorite thing, craft wise is Mod Podge!! It is simply amazing!!!! It has led to my new favorite gift to give - homemade journals!! I am currently working on some journals for the girls I am leading at a D-now this weekend! I am so pumped! Not to mention that I found some amazingly cute fabrics at Hobby Lobby this weekend that were on sale! :D I love them and they are going to make some awesomely cute journals! I am hoping that the girls will love them as much as I do.

So how do you make said journals?

What you need...
-Composition Notebooks
-1/4 yard of fabric
-Mod Podge (MP)
-Paint Brush
-Scissors

What you need to do...
-Place the notebook on the fabric, making sure everything is covered on the outside and then on the inside of the front and back covers.
-Unwrap the notebook and paint MP onto one side.
-Then lay the fabric over the MP covered side - smoothing out any bubbles and wrinkles in the fabric.
-I then proceed to paint the other side with MP and place the fabric over it - smoothing again.
-Continue until the inside covers are also covered.

Pictures of the process and of my finished products for the girls are to come soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment