Monday, January 18, 2010

Discipleship

I am reading Spiritual Discipleship by J. Oswald Sanders and it is AMAZING! I have been so challenged and touched by what I am reading in these pages. I have so many quotes and scriptures I want to share with you all and I am sure that I will be posting about this book lots of the next several weeks. Here is one quote that really touched me.

"We are moved by the act of God. Omniscience holds no conference. Infinite authority leaves no room for compromise. Eternal love offers no explanations. The Lord expects to be trusted. he disturbs us at will. Human arrangements are disregarded, family ties ignored, business claims put aside. We are never asked if it is convenient." -Samuel Chadwick

WE ARE NEVER ASKED IF IT IS CONVENIENT!!!

I am so guilty of wanting and wishing things were convenient in this life that I live, but that is not what is important and what is going to make me a better disciple.

"But now, O Lord, you are our Father;
we are the clay, and you are our potter;
we are all the work of your hand."
-Isaiah 64:8



(more to come in regards to this book, it is so awesome and I would recommend it to anyone!)

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing more about the book and how God is using it in your life!

    ReplyDelete