by J. Oswald Sanders. I have been meaning to update more on it, but haven't had a chance. Since we only meet every other week it isn't a book that I read everyday, but it is one that when I open it I am always blessed and learn so much from it.
This morning I woke up, did my devotional, took a shower and then settled in with my cup of coffee and my book. This morning I read about The Disciple's Servanthood. Here are some thoughts on what I read:
-Servant: many people think that this is a weak and lowly position - Christ made this word great! He showed us that being a servant is noble and the way to go. He went in servanthood and didn't reduce his standards to attract disciples - he attracted them without the power of a king or ruler. How awesome is that!
-Isaiah 42:1-4
"Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. 2 He will not cry aloud or life up his voice, or make it heard in the street; 3 a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. 4 He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law."
In this passage Sanders gives 6 principle of the Lord's Life that a Disciple should follow. They are Dependence(v.1), Acceptance(v.1), Self-Effacement(v.2), Empathy(v.3), Optimism(v.4), Anointing(v.1).
This book is so amazing and I recommend it to everyone. It has really been challenging to me and my mentor, a very great thing for us to be going through. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment