Monday, July 20, 2009

BLUEddhism - 2/2/09

So the other night started out with very good intentions. Jamie and I were going to the apartment, cooking dinner, watching and episode of House, and then working on homework (some of which included reading two large and confusing packets for Buddhist Religious Traditions). We did the first two with no problems and started out on the third. We were doing really well for a little while, talking a little about how we didn't quite understand what we were reading.

Then Jamie decided it was time for a cake break (we had cake in the apartment from Jill's birthday) so she gets up and cuts a piece of cake. All of a sudden she was like, let's paint our lips blue with icing, so of course I joined her, I mean that is clearly more fun than reading. We run into her bathroom, icing on our fingers, and start painting our lips blue :-D Then she started taking pictures of herself.

One thing led to another and the next thing you know Buddhism was now deemed BLUEddhism. Blue came into play in many ways - - Blue icing, UK(which we had talked about and we were both wearing), the ball on the Buddha statue - - which leads me to the next thing. Jill had her statue of Buddha sitting out in the living room and when we remembered it, we started taking pictures with it and of it. It was so much fun!! I love when spontaneous things occur to brighten up your day! That's pretty much it, after lots of pictures and the guarenteed upload to facebook, I headed home and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment