Monday, July 20, 2009

Walk, ice cream, a park, and my ipod - 6/25/09

This evening I decided to spend some time outside and with my Lord. :D So I headed out the door with my ipod in hand with the destination of Baskin Robbins and then the park in sight. I turned on my newly downloaded podcast from the Village Church and was off. :D
The weather was perfect to go on a walk. Not only was the walk wonderful, but my orange freeze was amazing, and the park was empty and a wonderful place to sit and listen to the teaching of my Father. Blake from the Village Church spoke on Discipline for All. It was a really amazing sermon and and I would recommend anyone to listen to it. http://thevillagechurch.net/podcast
Here are some of the things I learned.
-Discipline should always be done in love.-Sometimes you just have to hold your tongue, until you can truly confront someone with a loving heart.-We all need to have someone who can call us out for the mistakes we are making, and sometimes we have to be that person for someone else. The person who can ask the hard questions and keep us in check.
These are just a few of the points that were made in the sermon that I really took home. :D It was great! I am happy to say that I have a person or two who help keep me in check with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment