Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Living - 6/23/09

This summer has been a totally different experience then any other. Some things have been the same, others have been completely different and there are some very different ones that are to come soon.
First things first, I moved into an apartment at the end of finals week for the summer. This is the first time I have lived completely on my own. I mean I haven't lived at home really for two years, but I have been there off and on and I have been in a dorm which, face it, isn't really on your own. Pretty soon I will be moving into my own apartment that I signed a lease for. The one I am in now I am sub-leasing from a friend.
Second, I am working my first full-time job, well, it is the job that I have had all year, but I am now working 40 hours a week at it. It is crazy to think that I am growing up.

Third, I watched my little sister graduate from high school. It is crazy to me!! :D I love her to death and it is so fun to see her grow up.
Fourth, I am an "adult" leader for not one, but two different trips. I am a leader on a high school mission trip to Baltimore, Maryland. I am also going to J Creek as a leader for middle school camp.
Fifth, I helped lead worship at a local BYBC this past week. This is the first time I have been one of only a couple of people leading. I have sung in choirs and stuff, but this made me realize how much I miss singing. :D
Sixth, I went to the first wedding of the summer. :D This is the first friends wedding that I have been able to attend. I have several more this summer. Crazy to think that it is the time for my friends to start getting married. :D
For now, that is most of my new things and a pretty good update with what my summer has been like. It hasn't been that busy and in fact up until now, it has been really boring. Soon that will change I am sure. All of the trips start in just over a week. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment