So adoption is a big part of my life and I am really starting to realize how important it is to me and to who I am today and to what I want to become. There have been times where I have struggled with the fact that I am adopted and there are other days where I feel like a very blessed person and somedays are a little of both. I am pretty sure this is something I have thought about basically everyday of my life in some way or another.
When I turned 18 I couldn't decide if I wanted to look for my birthparents or not. I knew that I had time and that a decision didn't have to be made at any specific moment, but that I had the option to look, when and if I was ever ready.
Recently, I felt the tug to start looking for my birthparents. I have been looking at different websites and blogs and stuff and I am actually really excited about this, even though the process is really frustrating!!!
A few weeks ago when I was home I made a visit to the safe-deposit box and through some of the stuff I found there was able to find out some basic info about my birthmother. Refer to this post .
I hope to be able to blog about things as they happen with my search and maybe soon I will post about my adoption story, or at least what I know of it.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment