Soo.... I have been at home for the last couple of days, and can I just say that this has been some of the sweetest time with my family that I can recall in awhile. Usually I come home to bickering, some heavy attitudes, and a lot of nothing to do. This time, I haven't had the chance to be bored! In fact this is the first time since I have been home that I have had time to get online and check anything, granted I haven't completely been cut off considering my phone has allowed me some access to facebook and allowed me to Tweet to my heart's content. But, back to the subject of being home, it has been awesome!!
I came home Thursday after spending some precious time with my mom in Bowling Green. I got home and helped her and my sister run errands to prepare for my sister's graduation party on Sunday. Then yesterday, I hung out, went to the store to get stuff for the camp I am working next week, and then came home and got ready for my lil sis' high school graduation!! :D I am so proud of her! High school has been filled with a lot of different things for her, but she did it! She is officially done and now on her way to the college world!!
After graduation, my parents, sister, and I headed to Bardstown to Chili's(where I am headed in a few hours again) for a dinner celebration. It was wonderful!! Everyone loved our appetizer of onion strings and jalapenos...mMm good! Then we had some wonderful main courses, everyone taking a little bit of a different approach to the meal. After finishing our main dishes, we even ordered a couple of desserts to split. They were amazing!! This whole meal was pretty amazing! It is the first time in years that I can recall the four of us sitting down and having a meal without some sort of arguement or fight erupting over someone's attitude or a comment that was made. I was so happy! :D I love my family and I have realized their importance in my life a lot more recently.
Not only has my sister graduated from high school since being home, but my family has also spent some time looking at some old home videos of when my mom was pregnant with my sister. It was really neat to see. In these videos I was about nine months old and watching them caused me to think about the Haste's precious son Haddon and all that I have gotten to see watching him grow up over these last eight and a half months. It made me appreciate even more the time I get to spend with him and his family as well as the time I am getting to spend with my family. :D
The next few days will be kinda busy, I am headed to lunch soon(Chili's again) with some friends from home, then it is back to the house to get some work done on my door decorations for HOBY and some work done for my job job in BG. Then tomorrow, my sister(hopefully) and I will be going to the River for church, then back home to get ready for her big graduation shindig. :D
I am so proud of Carol and all she has done and can't wait to see how God is going to shape her future. I am sure there will be another post soon with pictures of graduation along with a story about my wonderful lil sis!! :D
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment