Monday, July 20, 2009

Reflections on 2008 and Looking ahead at 2009 - 1/1/09

WOW!!!

I think that one word sums up 2008 for me. '08 was a year full of many new things, old things, and exciting things! Here is a short and not complete list of my big moments in 2008.

In '08 I...
Graduated from the Gatton Academy and WCHS
Was Baptized
Completed my 2nd and 3rd semesters of college
Held my 1st job and my 2nd
Volunteered at HOBY for the 2nd time
Started planning my first overseas adventure
Went on my first mission trip
Held a BCM Ministry Position
Made tons of new friends
Learned a lot
Grown a lot closer to my Daddy God!

Even though those things are no where near a complete list of the things I have done/experienced, they are all things very close to my heart. Each and every item on the list means so much to me.
2008 wasn't always a great year for me. In fact, it started out on a not so great note. I was on a roller coaster that seemed to only be going down. This turned around when I finally gave God control of my roller coaster. Between trusting the Lord and the help of a couple really good friends things turned around for me! The year was then pretty much an uphill battle, with only a few small dips.
Overall 2008 was amazing!

Now on to '09!
2009 is a year that looks like it will have lots of opportunities.
This is the year in which I will take my first overseas adventure! How exciting! I can't believe that I leave in a week from today! Crazy!! Seems like yesterday that I was just pondering whether I would actually go or not!!
I hope and pray that this will be another year of great growth and learning. I also pray that I am able to focus on what God's will is for me this year. I am so ready to see how he is going to use me and my life to impact our world!

Happy New Year!!!
2009

No comments:

Post a Comment